06 October 2007

Chapter 1

I woke to the sharp blaring of my alarm clock, I reach over and switched it off...to early. Getting up I went over to the window and drew back the drapes. It was drizzling, again, bleak times call for bleak weather I thought to myself. I quickly showered and shaved and started to dress for the day.
I was suddenly aware of a presence in the room, I looked over and saw that my sitting chair was occupied my a man. I could tell that he was large in stature...no, that was an understatment, he was grotestly overweight. He was dressed in a dark suit, trenchcoat and a small hat that was pulled down as to barely cover his brow. I knew who he was, someone I hadn't seen for some time.
During the Cold War Boris Boleslava had employment in the Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti. He had excelled in the agency and won the hearts and minds of many of the governments top political parties. It was rumored that many of his methods of police work were less than ethical, almost mafia like, but no one was about to question that.
By the time the Cold War had ended in early 1990 Boris was forced underground, His actions within the agency had earned him the privilege of being a wanted man. It was post WWII all over again. He still believed in the Communist Party, and such idealisms were only talked about in the dark corners of the old government. It was a different time now. The Soviet Union was broken and new states had sprung up in hopes of a new and better life.

2 comments:

Kimberly Badger said...

Nice blog :0)

Drew said...

Welcome aboard the blog world!

http://drewandjanaglass.blogspot.com/