23 February 2009

Barbers of Iraq!

For the last little while I've been thinking of how I could help the people of Iraq beyond my current job description. I've heard of individuals having family members gather donated toys, clothes, or blankets and sending them over to the children of Iraq and Afghanistan to improve their quality of life. I wanted to follow this in my own way.
So after almost three months of being here I've think I've come up with a way to help a few local Iraqi guys, five to be exact. In the building where I work there are three Iraqi Barbers, in another part of Baghdad there's two other barbers that are really popular to the military. They are very good at cutting hair and I've frequented them everytime I needed my hair cut. Well I've noticed that their equipment, (scissors, trimmers, brushes, etc.) were very much used and dull. So I thought to myself..."self, I might be able to help here"...so I've hatched a plan to ask some friends back home in Ohio and Utah and have them contact local businesses that sell haircutting/barber equiptment and see if they would be willing to donate certain items: Scissors, Clippers w/ attachments, Shave Brushes, Barber Capes, Combs, and Straight Edge Razors w/ blades. Five sets in all of the items listed.
I truely believe that this is for a good cause. Well see how this will turn out...very well I hope. So if you think you can help...please let me know and we'll help out some local businesses here in Iraq.

0 comments: