25 July 2009

Life Begins Anew!

May I die a thousand deaths for leaving my fan fair without the greatness of my genious. Ok, so I'm full of it sometimes but hey...I try. Let me give you an update on my life since my return back to the stated from the sandbox we call Iraq.
As you have probabley read in "my wifes" blog have learned that my father died on 24 June 2009. My family had been in Utah to see my father before he died, (now we really didn't think that he would pass away for at least a couple months). Well two days after we get back to WPAFB, Oh Wendy calls me and tells me that he had slipped away. I made arangements with my brother Clark who lives in McAlister, Ok to meet in Des Moines, Ia and drive together to Utah for the funeral.
I learned one great tidbit while driving to Utah with Clark...Nebraska is BORING! There is nothing...ok, well there is ONE thing that salvaged our drive. Sidney is a small town that is the hometown to what? Well Cabella's of course, and not only just a Cabella's store but the very first one built.
The rest of the trip was surreal and bittersweet. I buried my father and returned home again to start my life again with Wendy and the boys.
I did a little figuring and between 9 June - 4 July I traveled to 4 countries and 12 states. Hopefully the summer will slow down a bit...just enough to enjoy.

0 comments: